Sunday 12 February 2012

The Valentines Ball: A night of friendship

So last night my friend Leizelle and I went to our school’s Valentines ball. Which, basically, means they decorated the school hall and hire some half-baked DJ to play music. Sounds fun right? I’m kidding, but actually the people make it fun.

Instead of doing the usual awkwardly –sticking- with- one- partner- thing, we found  a group and danced with them. I loved how everyone would switch partners, and it didn’t matter at all. We danced and talked and laughed, mainly at our one friend’s poor dancing ability, and yes we tried to teach him! But it was about just enjoying what you were doing, and a night of new friends.

I’m sure some people ended up heartbroken last night, and some friendships were spoiled. Things like this dance cause good and bad things, and some people may have been unfortunate. For them I’m sorry.

I’m so glad we decided to go. Now its back to school, rehearsals and work. But, in our sub-conscious, all of us are anxiously awaiting the next one!

To everyone: Happy Valentines Day

No comments:

Post a Comment