Sunday 13 May 2012

Moms And The Horror of Shopping

Today I will start by wishing all the mothers out there a very happy mother's day. And now I will pose my question (sorry, today's one is for the girls). Why is shopping always fun until you have to go with your mom? And I don't mean shopping for groceries, I mean for clothes.

I have gone clothes shopping on my own or with my friends several times. That way we can talk and joke, or I can just browse on my own time. When shopping with my mom, it gets really difficult.

Somehow whenever she goes shopping with me it's hot, there are thousands of rude people, I'm always hungry or in a bad mood and the clothes never suit my taste. Alternatively, when you accompany her to try on clothes she always takes hours to choose something you pointed out when you first walked into the stupid store.

I don't know, maybe I'm just bitter from past experience.

Truth is we love our mom's but we hate shopping with them because we feel inhibited. We're too ashamed to try on the daring clothes we normally would, so we come home with bags and bags full of nun-worthy clothing. Plus, shopping on your own makes you feel all kick-ass and grown up because you're being independent.

My mom isn't that bad at least, I've heard scary stories of mom's that force their daughters to buy only polo necks and floor length skirts! This wouldn't be so bad, except for the fact that your teenage years are when you're supposed to rebel and experiment.

My suggestion? Give your mom either a "Get with the times" speech, or get wine farms to start handing out samples in malls. Or, ask your dad to go with you instead. I'm sure he'll be so bored after a while he'll just hand over his credit card and leave. Score :D


No comments:

Post a Comment