Monday 30 April 2012

Doctors are Monkeys

So I am a day late, and for that I'm sorry. Recovering from a sucky operation in a tiny mining town with really bad Internet connection has delayed me.

So last week Monday I had the dreaded tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. Which seemingly went well until the next day, when I couldn't keep anything down. Upon leaving the hospital and going to visit my family I found out that the surgeon made a teeny tiny little mistake. When removing my tonsils, he hurt the nerves connected to my gag reflex. Meaning anything I swallowed triggered the gag reflex and I became the victim of involuntary bulimia. Which is just what I needed. Not.

After five days of dehydration and starvation I finally got myself eating, but it sucked. It hurt like a bitch, and I can tell you that stomach acid running over an open internal wound sucks even more.

I'll write something more interesting at the end of this week. All this experience has proved to me is what I've always known: Doctors are morons. Sorry, but if you study for eight or nine years and then have to spend your life practising you know there's a problem.

Now I'm going to finish the toffee I've stolen from the cupboard and proceed to be so feverish they should put me on the weather charts.

 Happy Monday everyone.




Well, they do say an apple a day....

No comments:

Post a Comment